I love breakfast but it happens to be that I also love sleep. My stomach awakens only an hour after I wake up, so eating breakfast is just something that I tend to skip (I know, I know,... I will have to get rid of this habit). I do however enjoy breakfast in the weekends and most of the time it exists of greek yoghurt, homemade granola, a lot of fruit on top of it and a jelly of some sort to finish it off.
Today I'm gonna talk about the recipe I use to make my granola. I absolutely love the flavour of coconut and chocolate that is in this granola.
cooking time (preparing & cooking) is 20 minutes
- Baking sheet & baking paper
- A jar of some sort to store your favourite granola ;)
- Oat meal (200 grams)
- Quinoa (50 grams)
- Coconut flakes or powder (50 grams)
- Cacao (3-4 tablespoons)
- Almond flakes (2-3 tablespoons)
- Chia seeds (4 tablespoons)
- Pumpkin seeds (a handful)
- Maple syrup (12 tablespoons)
- Coconut oil (10 tablespoons)
How to make
Ok this is really simple.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C
- If you have coconut oil that's not in a fluid state, just preheat it on the stove
- Blend all the ingredients together really good (jup, easy)
- Put the baking paper on the baking sheet (obviously)
- Put the mixture on the baking sheet and press it down a little
- Put it in the oven for 10 minutes on 150°C
- After those 10 minutes stirr it
- Let is bake for another 10 minutes
- Let it cool down for a hot minute
Recipe Mango Jelly
I like to add some kind of sweetness to my granola and I do it in the form of a 'jelly'. Tis is a very easy thing to do and it's sooooo good.
- Mango (obviously)
- Juice of one lemon
- Sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
- Chia seeds (2-4 tablespoons, see further)
How to make
- Put 200 grams of mango in a blender
- Put it in a little jar
- Add the juice of one lemon (or half a lemon if you don't like the taste that much)
- Add 2 table spoons of sugar (you can play around with this)
- Begin to put 2 table spoons of chia seed in it, if it doesn't look like a jelly after 2 hours, add more)
- Stirr it all together really good
- Put it in the fridge, it will look like a jelly after 2 hours
Pro tip: you can change the fruit to change things up ;).
I really hope you enjoy your breakfast ;).
Lots of love,